Navigating Our New Online Booking System
“Progress means not just changing, but changing for the better.”
-C. S. Lewis
As many of you have noticed, we’ve recently upgraded to a new booking and point-of-sale system. We’re excited about all the new functionality this system will provide to customers in the booking and appointment management process.
Of course, change is never easy but often necessary. So, we appreciate all you are doing to get through the challenges of navigating and understanding the new booking system. Learning a new process and developing new habits can be challenging, but we want you to know we’re here to help. This blog is intended to help you, our valued clients, navigate account creation and management in the new system.
Big Things to Know
- All clients will need to create a new username and password. For your security, user credentials like passwords were not transferred to the new system. You CAN however use the same email address you used in our old booking system. And your client record, including history and notes, are intact in the new system. We’ll detail the process for creating a new account in the FAQ below.
- You should delete the old Hair Saloon app from your phone or mobile device. Our old app is connected to the legacy appointment management system, so it is no longer functional. We will be launching a new app soon, but until then you can book appointments on our website at www.hairsaloon.com.
- Update your bookmarks to remove our old booking system. If you use bookmarks in your internet browser to save and remember sites you visit frequently, you may have saved the link to our old booking system. Delete that bookmark and add a new bookmark for our website: www.hairsaloon.com.
Using the New Booking System: A Video Walkthrough
Want to see the entire process? We’ve created a video walkthrough to help you book your first appointment and create your account in our new booking system:
Benefits of the New Booking System
- Omni-Channel Booking: Book where you want to! Call your local Saloon by phone, book on our website, or on Google, Facebook, and Instagram.
- Family Accounts: No more multiple records for family members! No matter how big your family is, there’s just one record to manage.
- Single Client Profile: Manage it all from one login. Access purchase and appointment history, attach notes and photos of the style you want when booking, and soon you’ll be able to change
- Email and Text Appointment Reminders: You’ve got your own Hair Saloon digital assistant reminding you to come see us for the Hair Saloon experience!
- 2-Way Text Communication with Your Local Store: Running late or need to reschedule? Text us! You can send and receive texts directly from the Hair Saloon staff at your preferred location.
- Integrated Payment Options: We will soon be able to store your credit or debit card in our system for seamless, touchless payment right from the barber chair.
- Loyalty Program: We’re taking this opportunity to give our Rebellion Rewards program a makeover. If you have points available, they’ve been applied to your new client record as dollar credits. They can be used at your discretion on services and products until your credits are used up. Check with our Saloon Coordinator when you check out to get your balance. If you have any Rebellion Reward vouchers that have not expired, they can also still be redeemed.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How do I create a new account?
A. The first time you book an appointment in the new system, you will create a new account as the third step in the booking process. After that, you can use those new login credentials to access your account at any time. You can not create a new account independent of the booking process. See the screenshot below:
Q. How do I select my favorite PHD/Service Provider?
A. When booking your appointment, on the same page where you choose the service you would like to book, you are able to filter by the staff member you’d like to book with on the left side of the window. Once you select a service, you will be taken to a screen where you can pick an available date and time for that staff member. From this page, if there are no suitable times or you would like to switch to a different staff member, you can do it in the “Booking With” field on the right side of the window.
Q. Do you offer the Senior Discount? Why can’t I select it?
A. Yes, we do still offer the Senior Special on weekday appointments booked before noon, local time. If you qualify for the Senior Special and you’re booking at a qualifying time, make sure to inform your PHD or the Saloon Coordinator when you check in and the discount will be applied to your service ticket.
As a reminder, the Senior Special is $5 off of our Classic Men’s Haircut before noon for the fellas 65 years and older.
Q. How do I cancel my appointment that I booked? Do you have a cancellation policy?
A. We have a 1-hour cancellation policy for our online appointments. If you do not cancel your appointment at least one hour prior to it’s scheduled start, you will need to call the Saloon. We would appreciate the courtesy anytime you must cancel an appointment. The good news is, it’s easy to cancel an appointment.
If you need to cancel, no problem. You have a few options. (1) Visit hairsaloon.com, and click book now. When the window opens, click on your initials in the upper right corner and select “My Bookings.” From there, you will be able to reschedule or cancel upcoming bookings. (2) Use the 2-way text feature and reply to your confirmation email. (3) Call us! You can find the number for your local Hair Saloon on our website.
We Appreciate Your Patience and Grace
Again, we would like to thank you for your patience through this process. We understand the headaches that can come with adapting to a new system. But on the other side of this change, we’re confident that the improvements will outweigh these initial inconveniences.
Thank you for the opportunity to serve you in our founding belief that men deserve better.
Tom Twellman, Jr.
COO and Marketing Director